What is personal information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from; the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements. Personal information includes sensitive information.
What is sensitive information?
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or an opinion about your:
- racial or ethnic origin
- political opinion
- membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs
- membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union
- sexual preferences or practices
- criminal record
- health or disability (at any time)
- expressed wishes about the future provision of health services
Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information?
Your personal and sensitive information will be collected by Edge Recruitment for its own use.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us about your personal or sensitive information you should contact our Privacy Officer during normal office hours 9.00 am - 5.00 PM on 08 8232 2220, or mail to Level 2/238 Angas Street, Adelaide SA 5000.
How will your information be collected?
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you when you submit any information in connection with your application to us for registration or when you fill out and submit one of our registration forms.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- you attend an interview with one of our staff or are interviewed by other means by one of our staff
- we receive any reference about you
- we receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body
- we receive the results of any competency or medical test
- we receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative)
- we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace
- we receive any information about a workplace accident or incident in which you are involved
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved
- we receive a response from a job advertisement either written, verbal or e-mail
- we receive the outcomes of a psychological assessment
- you provide us with any additional information about yourself including banking, taxation, superannuation and other details in relation to the payroll function
You can visit our website and browse without the need to disclose any personal information.
You may forward an e-mail to us via the e-mail link in our website. The information collected through this e-mail will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it. We will add your details to our database, unless you have specified that we do not do so. We will not disclose or use your information for any other purpose other than the intended one.
How will your information be used?
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- your actual or possible work placement
- payment for work completed on a temporary/contract assignment
- your performance appraisals
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- our identification of your training needs
- any workplace rehabilitation
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information
Who may your personal and sensitive information be disclosed to?
- potential and actual employers and clients of Edge Recruitment
- other areas of Edge Recruitment
- our insurers
- a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- a Workers Compensation body
- our contractors and suppliers - e.g. our I.T. contractors, database designers, payroll, superannuation, insurance and Workcover providers
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
If you do not give us the information we seek:
- we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you
- we may be limited in our ability to place you in work
Security of your personal information
Your personal information may be stored either in hardcopy or electronically. Edge Recruitment has security procedures in place to ensure the protection of your personal information.
Access to your information
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 - Access and Correction), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should contact our Privacy Officer, whose details are shown above.
By reading this Privacy Statement, you consent to us collecting, using, storing and disclosing personal information, about you and provided by you or by another person in accordance with this Privacy Statement. All information sought and collected is required for our business purposes, which is to assist you with gaining employment.